-Feed lactating does or growing kids up to 40% of the concentrate or 50% of the forage fraction of the diet. -Feed gestating does as 60-70% of the total forage fraction of the diet.-Include at rates up to 20% for kid starter diets.
-Feed 25 to 30% for finisher goat diets.
Some of the many benefits ofÂ alfalfa pellets in goat rations include:
- Vitamin A High levels of Vitamin A and Beta Carotene which meet the goats high requirements.
- Vitamin A may also be beneficial in reducing the incidence of pink eye.
- Palatability Alfalfa is exceptionally palatable which assists in increasing feed intake and subsequent growth.
- The high nutrient content and digestible fibre results in rapid gains and exceptional carcass quality.
- Reduced Wastage Due to the high palatability and pellet durability wastage is reduced compared to long hay.
- Rich in Sulphur Containing Amino Acids Sulphur is necessary for mohair and cashmere production.
- Alfalfa helps to meet this high sulphur demand.
- High in Selenium and Vitamin E These are necessary for the prevention of White Muscle Disease.
|< Prev||Next >|